Monday, November 29, 2010

Team Crop Last Saturday

Went out to Joy's Barnhouse Studio last Saturday for a Team Crop, and particiapted in a Shoebox Swap.  This was my first Shoebox Swap and I was not sure what to expect.  But I figured anything that was even remotely related to shoes (even just the name) was sure to be something I would like.  Oh, this was so much fun!   Definitely going to have to participate in another Shoebox Swap in the future.

In a nutshell, each participant designs/creates a card or small project, puts all the materials and tools in a box for all the other participants to complete one each of the same item.  Then at the crop all the boxes are passed around and we make one of whatever is in the box.  I came home with some really cool cards.

Melanie Murry designed this gorgeous card using the CTMH Mistletoe paper collection.  I had tried in the past to make this paper folded flower but somehow could not get the hang of it, so I was very happy to get hands on instructions for this card.  Thanks again Melanie.


Terry Morrow blew us all away with another of her treat box cards.  It opens up to reveal a little treasure of candy, cards, or in this case - gift tags!  You really need to check out Terry's blog and look at all of her amazing work.  There's a link on the right side of my blog.




These two cards were designed by Wanda Cincar and I love the uncluttered look.  Clean lines and easy to make. 



Of course I HAD to add glitter.  Glitter has become an addiction.



Here's the project that I contributed to the swap.  I used a pattern that was very generously shared by Tracey Sanders on the CTMH artboard.  I altered the size a little and created a SCAL file to cut out the box / card and tag, making it super easy to construct.  It holds five candy nuggets. 




1 comment:

  1. Awww Pam your so sweet. Yes the shoebox was alot of fun and can't wait until we do it again.

    ReplyDelete