Tuesday, February 28, 2012

It's A Winner!!!

I recently participated in a group challenge to create a layout using papers from more than one paper pack, and if you know me, you know that is indeed a challenge for me.  Yes, and I color inside the lines too!  One of the many reasons I started using Close To My Heart products is how easy it is to use a paper pack where all the coordinating has been done for me.  I don't have to spend a lot of time matching cardstock and papers, and can spend more time on the fun part of decorating the pages.  Anyway, this challenge looked like something I needed to do to help me think outside the box, or paper pack actually.  CTMH does a wonderful job of designing their paper packs to coordinate well with each other and many consultants integrate paper packs all the time, so honestly I cannot figure out why I resisted for so long. 

Our group leader, Melissa Robinson, posted all the layouts that were entered in the challenge and they were voted on by a group of consultants.  And my layout of Sydney (my granddaughter, by the way) got the most votes.  All the layouts are beautiful winners, and it was tough to pick one.  I wanted to pick them all.  (to Melissa and the group - Thank You!)






2 comments:

  1. I should have known this was yours!!! LOL! I just seem to be drawn to your design style! :) The layout is lovely.... and I finally figured out what other paper pack you used with Florentine... Grace, right! I just love it, and I guess now I'll have to start thinking outside the "paper pack", too! You've inspired me once again! Thanks so much!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Paula,
    Thank you! Yes, I used Grace Cocoa background and Twilight background papers, in addition to the Florentine stripe. I also used Colonial White cardstock, mocha pearls, the AP cartridge and Love Life stamp set.

    ReplyDelete