Tuesday, August 28, 2012

Dakota 5 x 7 Kraft Envelope Album

The challenge was to use Close To My Heart's Dakota paper collection for a more feminine project.  Dakota is perfect for layouts featuring the guys in our lives or making masculine cards.  It works great for western or country themed projects, but I wanted to see if I could really make it work for my CTMH Convention 2012 (in my home state of Texas) pictures.  And those pictures are all about the girl time!  Well guess what!  It is perfect with some bling and flowers, and now all I need to do is add my pictures.

The album is made from seven (7) 5 x 7 Kraft envelopes, bound together with book rings.  All the pages are decorated and there are inserts inside the envelopes to hold journaling, more pictures, or memorabilia.    The papers were very easy to coordinate, and I had a ton of fun making this one.  A couple of the pages are a little plain, leaving opportunities to customize.  I went a little crazy on the Cricut die cuts though.  What's a girl to do when she has a CTMH Art Philosophy cartridge and a brand new CTMH Artiste cartridge?  There's a total of 72 die cuts in this workshop.  What was I thinking???? 

Take a look.  See what you think.  Would love to hear your feedback.



                 Front Cover                                 Back Cover






                                             Tags in Front Pocket


                                                    Insert Pages




6 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. Thanks Marianne. Really enjoyed making this one. Love, love, love the new Artiste cartridge!

      Delete
  2. Replies
    1. Thanks Sheila. It was fun and the Artiste cartridge is wonderful!

      Delete